Breaded Goat Cheese
Mixed Green Salad
Enjoy this beautiful panko fried goat cheese salad, when you want a satisfying side dish or entre that is bursting with flavor.
The goat cheese is coated with Japanese style panko bread crumbs, so it gets a wonderful crispy crust as it is fried.
You’ll want to heat the oil before adding the panko covered goat cheese to the pan.
Then, cook for just about 30 seconds on each side.
You don’t want it to soak in the oil or get too melted, so frying it quickly is all that is needed.
Goat cheese is rich and flavorful, so the accompanying salad is simple.
Mixed greens with extra virgin olive oil and aged balsamic vinegar is lovely, when combined with the richness of the goat cheese and the crunch of the panko crust.
Serve the salad, while the goat cheese is still warm.
Panko Fried Goat Cheese Salad Recipe
Prep time: 15 minutes (+ 30 minutes to chill)
Cook time: 5 minutes
Breaded Goat Cheese:
8 oz. Goat Cheese Log, room temperature
2 Egg Whites
½ cup Panko Bread Crumbs
½ cup Vegetable Oil
4 cups Mixed Salad Greens
3 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 T Aged Balsamic Vinegar
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1) Divide the goat cheese into four equal portions. Place a portion of cheese between two pieces of waxed paper and gently press to form a round shape that is about ½ inch thick. Repeat with others. Then place in the freezer for about 30 minutes, so they become firm.
2) Set up a breading station with panko in one shallow dish and whisked egg whites in another.
3) Remove the goat cheese rounds from the freezer. Dip one into the egg, so that both sides are coated. Then dip into the panko, so both sides are thoroughly coated. Repeat with each goat cheese round. Set aside.
4) Heat vegetable oil in a skillet set to medium-high. When hot, carefully add each coated goat cheese round. Cook for about 30 seconds and flip to cook for another 30 seconds, so both sides are golden brown. Remove from the pan and transfer to a plate.
5) Add the mixed greens to a salad bowl and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and aged balsamic vinegar. Add salt and black pepper to taste. Toss to combine.
6) Top individual salads with warm goat cheese just before eating.
More from Mama Likes To Cook
Check out my vegetarian recipes, so you can get more great ideas for baking, cooking, blending and juicing.
- Strawberry Feta Spinach Salad
- Vegetarian BBQ Salad
- Arugula Apple Salad with Blue Cheese
- Napa Cabbage Salad
- Orange Pomegranate Salad
- Mandarin Salad with Sriracha Peanut Dressing
- Sugar Snap Pea Salad
- Fig and Fennel Salad with Lemon Dressing
- Vegan Mexican Avocado Salad
- Zucchini Mushroom Salad
- Blue Cheese and Roasted Pear Salad
- Roasted Beet Citrus Salad
- Pistachio Golden Beet Salad
- Grilled Corn Salad
- Authentic Caesar Salad
- Blueberry Blue Cheese Salad
- Berry Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette
- Fennel Salad with Feta
- Edamame Peanut Salad
- Strawberry Fennel Salad
- Mediterranean Orzo Salad
For a beautiful assortment of kitchen necessities and food gifts for the whole family, check out the current deals at these online stores.
- Miss A $1 Kitchen Tools and gadgets
- AliExpress for amazing prices on kitchen goods and more
- The California Wine Club
- Wine of The Month Club
- JoyJolt Glassware
- Seven Sisters Scones
- Southside Market
Are you ready to have some delicious fun in the kitchen?