Easy Napa Cabbage Salad Tossed with Homemade Dressing
A napa cabbage salad is delicious and simple to make, even when you toss it in your own homemade sesame oil dressing.
The vegetables are crispy and the dressing is tangy with a hint of sweetness.
You can add some protein to it to make a meal of the salad or you can simply enjoy it with your meal.
Crisp napa cabbage is a wonderful base for a salad.
The flavor is delicious and is still has a nice crunch to it after you’ve added salad dressing.
Napa cabbage are typically large and can weigh two or more pounds at the grocery store, and often bigger than that at a farmer’s market.
This is great, if you can use that much.
Another option is a convenient one pound package of Melissa’s ready to use napa cabbage leaves.
Beautiful and delicious carrots are a wonderful addition to this salad.
There are many ways that you can prepare the carrots, depending upon your personal preference.
For my salad, I peeled the carrots and then thin sliced them on the diagonal.
This adds nice texture to the salad and the carrots look pretty.
There are two types of people in the world: those who love cilantro and those who hate cilantro.
My family is in the “we really love cilantro” camp, so I grow it in the garden year round and we eat it often.
I enjoy the flavor and pretty dark green color that it gives this cabbage salad.
However, if you are someone who doesn’t care for cilantro, you can leave it out of this recipe.
While we don’t need a salad to be overly sweet, a touch of honey gives the napa cabbage salad just the right amount of sweetness.
The honey adds nice flavor along with the sweetness, so choose a good quality honey for this recipe.
Thanks Melissa’s Produce for the honey and vegetables.
Napa Cabbage Salad Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: None
Yield: 4 Servings
1 lb. Napa Cabbage Leaves, chopped
2 medium Carrots, peeled and cut into thin diagonal slices
5 Green Onions, chopped
2 T Fresh Cilantro, minced
2 T Soy Sauce
1 T Honey
1 T Sesame Oil
2 t Rice Vinegar
1/2 t Garlic Pepper
Large Mixing Bowl
1) Add dressing ingredients to a small bowl and whisk together until thoroughly combined.
2) Prepare the vegetables and add them to the large bowl. Chop the napa cabbage. Peel the carrots and cut into thin diagonal slices. Chop the green onions.
3) Add the dressing to the salad and toss.
4) Mince the fresh cilantro and toss it with the salad.
5) Serve and enjoy!
More from Mama Likes To Cook
Check out my vegetarian recipes, so you can get more great ideas for baking, cooking, blending and juicing.
- Strawberry Feta Spinach Salad
- Vegetarian BBQ Salad
- Arugula Apple Salad with Blue Cheese
- Napa Cabbage Salad
- Orange Pomegranate Salad
- Mandarin Salad with Sriracha Peanut Dressing
- Sugar Snap Pea Salad
- Fig and Fennel Salad with Lemon Dressing
- Vegan Mexican Avocado Salad
- Zucchini Mushroom Salad
- Blue Cheese and Roasted Pear Salad
- Roasted Beet Citrus Salad
- Pistachio Golden Beet Salad
- Grilled Corn Salad
- Authentic Caesar Salad
- Blueberry Blue Cheese Salad
- Berry Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette
- Fennel Salad with Feta
- Edamame Peanut Salad
- Strawberry Fennel Salad
- Mediterranean Orzo Salad
For a beautiful assortment of kitchen necessities and food gifts for the whole family, check out the current deals at these online stores.
- Miss A $1 Kitchen Tools and gadgets
- AliExpress for amazing prices on kitchen goods and more
- The California Wine Club
- Wine of The Month Club
- JoyJolt Glassware
- Seven Sisters Scones
- Southside Market
Are you ready to have some delicious fun in the kitchen?