Portobello Mushroom Appetizer
Goat Cheese Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
6 oz. pkg. Portobello Mushrooms, stems removed
1 T Olive Oil
2 T Wheat Germ
2 t Fresh Basil, chopped
1/2 t Granulated Garlic
1/3 t Kosher Salt
6 oz. Goat Cheese (Chevre)
Pre-heat oven to 350º. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Drizzle olive oil on mushrooms. Place mushrooms on baking sheet stem side up. Bake until tender – approx. 20 minutes.
Mix together wheat germ, basil, garlic and salt. Set aside until mushrooms are done.
Remove mushrooms from oven. If there is moisture puddled inside the mushrooms, it can be discarded. Scoop goat cheese into each mushroom. Top with the dry mixture. Serve.
I used Baby Portobello Mushrooms – 6 mushrooms in a 6 ounce package.
You could also use the smaller ones, if you want smaller appetizers to serve to a crowd.
Large portobellos could also be used, if you want this to be more of a meal than an appetizer or side dish.
More from Mama Likes To Cook
Check out the rest of my vegetarian recipes, so you can get more great ideas for baking, cooking, blending and juicing.
- Goat Cheese Breakfast Casserole
- Mushroom Frittata
- Easy Vegetarian Potstickers
- Creamy Portobello Mushroom Soup
- Vegetarian Mushroom Risotto
- Instant Pot Vegan Mushroom Rice
- Stuffed Acorn Squash
- Zucchini Mushroom Salad
- Pickled Mushrooms
- Grilled Portobello Mushroom Burger
- Vegan Quesadilla with Spinach and Mushrooms
- Vegetarian Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Pasta with Kale and Mushrooms
- Sparkling Blackberry Basil Mocktail
- Pineapple Basil Basmati Rice
- Quick and Easy Italian Pesto
- Greek Pasta Salad
- Strawberry Basil Sandwich Wrap
- Tzatziki Dip Wreath
- Caprese Strawberry Kebabs
- Traditional Caprese Kebabs
- Lemon Herb Mocktail
For a beautiful assortment of kitchen necessities and food gifts for the whole family, check out the deals at these online stores.
- Miss A $1 Kitchen Tools
- Great Jones pots, pans and baking dishes
- The California Wine Club
- Wine of The Month Club
- JoyJolt Glassware
- Seven Sisters Scones
- Southside Market
Are you ready to have some delicious fun in the kitchen?