Enjoy a tasty meatless Monday meal any day of the week, when you make this low-carb vegan black bean lettuce wrap recipe that is bursting with fresh flavor.
I’m meatless all the time, but am still a fan of meatless Monday. It’s fun to have something to celebrate on a day, that often drags.
The lettuce wraps are great for a light lunch or they can be enjoyed for dinner.
There is plenty of flexibility with this easy meal, but the key to making it work is making sure your beans are seasoned well.
Cumin and garlic are two of my must-have spices that are great in Mexican dishes, so they are cooked with the beans to flavor each bite.
My family generally likes to put together their own plate, so I like to serve the wrap components in separate dishes.
Then each of us can make our own perfect wrap.
However, you can assemble the wraps yourself, if that’s what works best for your family.
You can follow my recipes for homemade mango salsa and guacamole or you can go with pre-packaged from the grocery store.
Homemade is always my first choice, but it is great to have good, time saving options available.
A feel good meatless meal doesn’t need to be difficult or time consuming.
Vegan Black Bean Lettuce Wrap Recipe
Prep time 15 minutes
Cook time 5 minutes
2 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 can Black Beans (15 oz.)
½ t Chili Powder
1 t Ground Cumin
1 t Granulated Garlic
¼ t Oregano
Salt and Pepper to taste
½ Red Bell Pepper, diced
Wrap and Toppings
Lettuce (Iceberg, Butter or Romaine)
Guacamole (recipe HERE)
Mango Salsa (recipe HERE)
1) Heat extra virgin olive oil in a skillet set to medium heat. Drain and rinse black beans.
2) Add rinsed beans, chili powder, cumin, granulated garlic and oregano to the hot pan.
3) Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until warmed through. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Top with diced bell pepper.
4) Either assemble the wraps yourself or serve family style, so that each person can add the amounts they want. Wrap the beans in lettuce, top with guacamole and mango salsa and squeeze a little lime juice on top.
More from Mama Likes To Cook
Check out my vegetarian recipes, so you can get more great ideas for baking, cooking, blending and juicing.
Black Bean Recipes
- Instant Pot Black Beans and Rice
- Vegetarian BBQ Salad
- Black Bean Lettuce Wrap
- Vegan Black Bean Stew
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Burrito
- Vegetarian Brown Sugar Baked Beans
For a beautiful assortment of kitchen necessities and food gifts for the whole family, check out the current deals at these online stores.
- Miss A $1 Kitchen Tools and gadgets
- AliExpress for amazing prices on kitchen goods and more
- The California Wine Club
- Wine of The Month Club
- JoyJolt Glassware
- Seven Sisters Scones
- Southside Market
Are you ready to have some delicious fun in the kitchen?