Enjoy a tasty meatless Monday meal any day of the week, when you make this low-carb vegan black bean lettuce wrap recipe that is bursting with fresh flavor.
I’m meatless all the time, but am still a fan of meatless Monday. It’s fun to have something to celebrate on a day, that often drags.
The lettuce wraps are great for a light lunch or they can be enjoyed for dinner.
There is plenty of flexibility with this easy meal, but the key to making it work is making sure your beans are seasoned well.
Cumin and garlic are two of my must-have spices that are great in Mexican dishes, so they are cooked with the beans to flavor each bite.
My family generally likes to put together their own plate, so I like to serve the wrap components in separate dishes.
Then each of us can make our own perfect wrap.
However, you can assemble the wraps yourself, if that’s what works best for your family.
Homemade is always my first choice, but it is great to have good, time saving options available.
A feel good meatless meal doesn’t need to be difficult or time consuming.
Vegan Black Bean Lettuce Wrap Recipe
Prep time 15 minutes
Cook time 5 minutes
Wrap and Toppings
1) Heat extra virgin olive oil in a skillet set to medium heat. Drain and rinse black beans.
2) Add rinsed beans, chili powder, cumin, granulated garlic and oregano to the hot pan.
3) Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until warmed through. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Top with diced bell pepper.
4) Either assemble the wraps yourself or serve family style, so that each person can add the amounts they want. Wrap the beans in lettuce, top with guacamole and mango salsa and squeeze a little lime juice on top.
More from Mama Likes to Cook
Check out my other dinner recipes, so you can get more tasty inspiration.
Following are a few of my delicious dinner recipes.
- Vegan Butternut Squash Stew
- Butternut Squash Noodles
- Oven Roasted Artichoke Halves
- Vegan Stuffed Eggplant
- Roasted Broccoli Stems
Then take a look at the rest of my vegetarian and vegan recipes, so you can have even more delicious fun in the kitchen!