Homemade Spicy Mango Salsa
Make my jalapeno mango salsa, when you want a sweet and spicy kick of flavor.
You can just open up a jar of tomato salsa, but homemade is quick, easy and so delicious!
Each of the simple ingredients adds an extra layer of flavor.
There is sweetness from the mango and bell pepper, a tart burst from the lime juice and a nice kick from the jalapeno pepper.
You can whip up this salsa just before serving, but the flavors will become more intense as it sits.
If you like it extra spicy, feel free to add more jalapenos or another hot pepper.
I like to make mine ahead of time, so I can leave it in the refrigerator and use it throughout the day.
The sweet and spicy fruit salsa is good with tortilla chips, of course.
However, I use it as a condiment for main dishes more than just as a dip for chips.
I like mango salsa with eggs, on tacos or in burritos.
How will you use my spicy mango salsa?
Jalapeno Mango Salsa Recipe
Prep time 10 minutes
Cook time n/a
1) Peel and dice the mangos and red onion. Remove seeds from the peppers, dice the bell pepper and mince the jalapeno. Chop the cilantro.
2) Combine all ingredients in a non-reactive bowl.
3) Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to use.
More from Mama Likes To Cook
Check out my dessert recipes, when you want some sweet inspiration.
Following are some of my other salsa recipes:
- Apricot Salsa
- Peach Salsa
- Jalapeno Mango Salsa
- Cucumber Avocado Salsa
- Roasted Tomatillo Salsa Verde
- Restaurant Style Tex-Mex Salsa
- Dragon Fruit Salsa
- Mango Strawberry Salsa
- Berry Salsa
- Strawberry Cucumber Salsa
- Hatch Chile Salsa Verde
- Dragon Fruit Papaya Salsa
- Jicama Salsa
- Cranberry Mango Salsa
- Pico de Gallo
Then take a look at the rest of my vegetarian recipes, so you can have even more delicious fun in the kitchen!