Hearty Vegan Stew
with Black Beans, Sweet Potato and Corn
When you want a hearty comfort food meal, make a pot of vegan black bean stew with sweet potatoes, corn, bell peppers and garlic.
This is a feel good meal, so it is perfect for dinner.
If you end up with leftovers, they will reheat nicely for lunch the following day.
This is a tasty one bowl meal by itself, but you can also serve it with a side salad or homemade bread.
Since this is often a cold weather dish, you may not have access to fresh corn.
Frozen corn is my first choice as an alternative, but canned is fine, too.
I am a big fan of cilantro, so I add a generous amount.
If you don’t care for this herb, you can skip it.
Enjoy this easy and filling vegan meal!
Vegan Black Bean Stew Recipe
Prep time 10 minutes
Cook time 30 minutes
2 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Red Onion, diced
3 cloves Garlic, minced
1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
1 Green Bell Pepper, diced
Salt to taste
1 T Ground Cumin
2 Large Sweet Potatoes, cubed
2 cans Black Beans (15 oz.), drained
3 cups Vegetable Broth
1 cup Corn (fresh, frozen or canned)
¼ cup Cilantro, chopped
2 T Lemon Juice
1) Set stove to medium and add extra virgin olive oil to soup pot. When the oil is hot, add red onion, garlic and bell peppers. Cook for 5 minutes, so that the vegetables become soft
2) Stir in cumin and salt to taste.
3) Add sweet potatoes, black beans and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, so that the sweet potatoes become tender.
4) Stir in corn, cilantro and lemon juice. Add salt, if needed.
Check out my other dinner recipes, so you can get more tasty inspiration.
Following are a few of my delicious soup and stew recipes.
- Slow Cooker Vegan Barley Stew
- Chunky Instant Pot Vegetable Soup
- Dutch Oven Minestrone Soup
- Vegan Butternut Squash Stew
- Easy Vegan Udon Noodle Soup
Then take a look at the rest of my vegetarian recipes, so you can have even more delicious fun in the kitchen!