Sweet Potato Toast
Make Ahead Breakfast
When you want a simple breakfast that satisfies, have a slice of avocado sweet potato toast topped with a fried egg.
You can have breakfast on the table in a half hour or less from start to finish.
If you want to save time in the morning, this can be a make ahead meal.
The sweet potato slices can be toasted ahead of time, stored in the refrigerator and then reheated prior to serving.
Feel free to increase the recipe, if you are serving a crowd.
Regular avocado toast is good, but this sweet potato toast has extra flavor and nutrition.
Sweet potato toast is great for people who are avoiding bread, gluten and carbs.
And, of course, it is also wonderful for all of us who just enjoy a good meal to start the day.
Avocado Sweet Potato Toast Recipe
Prep time- 10 minutes
Cook time- 20 minutes
2 Medium Sweet Potatoes, sliced ¼” thick (8 slices)
2 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
8 Large Eggs
½ cups Cilantro, chopped
1 Tomato, diced
3 T Lime Juice
¼ t Cumin
¼ t Granulated Garlic
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1) Preheat oven to 425°. Place wire rack inside and place a wire rack on rimmed baking sheet and coat with nonstick spray.
2) Arrange the sweet potato slices on the wire rack and cook roast for 15-20 minutes until fork tender. Turn over once midway through the roasting time.
3) Mash the avocados in a bowl. Stir in cilantro, tomatoes, lime juice, cumin, salt and pepper. Set aside.
4) Fry the eggs with olive oil in a skillet, 4 at a time. Season with salt and pepper.
5) To serve, top each sweet potato toast with guacamole and an egg.
Following are a few of my other delicious breakfasts:
- Applesauce Belgian Waffles
- Slow Cooker Oatmeal
- Cast Iron Fig Scones
- Layered Berry Overnight Oats
- Pita Breakfast Pizza with Egg and Asparagus
Then take a look at the rest of my vegetarian recipes, so you can have even more delicious fun in the kitchen!