Crock Pot Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Sweet potatoes are a wonderful and nutritious comfort food.
I’m not a fan of sugary sweet potato dishes made with marshmallows, but I do love them as a savory dish.
It only takes a moment to prep the sweet potatoes and get them in the crock pot, so it can work it’s magic.
I used Organic Garnet Yams from Frieda’s.
The flavor is excellent and they come out really creamy.
Slow Cooker Mashed Sweet Potatoes Recipe
2 lbs. Sweet Potatoes, Cubed
1/4 c Sour Cream
1/4 c Milk (more or less)
2 T Butter
Salt to taste
Place sweet potato cubes in slow cooker. Cover with water.
Cook on high for 3 hours until tender.
Drain off water. (Ok to leave a little bit in with the potatoes, but you don’t want them to be soupy)
Add sour cream, butter and milk. You may need to add extra milk depending on how much water was left with the potatoes.
Blend with an immersion blender or use a potato masher.
More from Mama Likes To Cook
Check out the rest of my vegetarian recipes, so you can get more great ideas for baking, cooking, blending and juicing.
Sweet Potato Recipes
- Avocado Sweet Potato Toast with Fried Egg
- Vegan Black Bean Stew
- Savory Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Sweet Potato Spinach Side Dish
- Scalloped Sweet Potatoes
- Ghee Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Vegetarian Sweet Potato Corn Chowder
- Pumpkin and Sweet Potatoes with Brown Rice
- Spinach and Sweet Potato Frittata
- Easy Sweet Potato Salad
- Sweet Potato and Eggs Skillet Meal
- Vegan Sweet Potato Black Bean Burrito
- Slow Cooker Mashed Sweet Potatoes
For a beautiful assortment of kitchen necessities and food gifts for the whole family, check out the deals at these online stores.
- Miss A $1 Kitchen Tools
- Great Jones pots, pans and baking dishes
- The California Wine Club
- Wine of The Month Club
- JoyJolt Glassware
- Seven Sisters Scones
- Southside Market
Are you ready to have some delicious fun in the kitchen?