Cake Mix Donuts
Delicious homemade donuts with icing are easy to bake, when you start with a cake mix to make spice cake donuts.
With this simple cake mix hack, you can have a special breakfast treat baked and ready to eat with minimal effort.
If you are baking a cake with a mix, you typically need to add oil, water and egg.
When you want to make donuts, you skip the oil, water and egg and add tasty, nutritious applesauce instead.
Then, of course you need a nice layer of icing on top.
These spices always remind me of Fall and the holidays, but you can definitely make these donuts anytime of the year.
They are quick enough for everyday, but special enough to serve to brunch guests or to pack up as a food gift.
Homemade spice cake donuts are delicious and budget friendly.
Spice Cake Donuts Recipe
Preheat Oven to 400°
1 box Spice Cake Mix
2 cups Apple Sauce
1½ cups Powdered Sugar
2 T Milk
Non Stick Donut Baking Pan
Wire Cooling Rack
1) Mix the cake mix and apple sauce together.
2) Pour the batter into a piping bag and pipe into the cavities in the donut pan.
3) Bake for 14-16 minutes at 400°, so that the donuts are lightly browned and cooked through.
4) Let cool for about 15 minutes. Then, remove from pan and allow to finish cooling on a wire rack.
5) Make the icing by stirring the powdered sugar and milk together.
6) Dip the donuts into the icing and let them rest for a few minutes to ‘harden.’
7) Serve and enjoy!
More from Mama Likes To Cook
Check out my vegetarian recipes, so you can get more great ideas for baking, cooking, blending and juicing.
Cake Mix Recipes
- Elevated Cake Mix Recipe: Fudge Cake Sundae
- Devil’s Food Pumpkin Bread
- Cake Mix Pumpkin Bread
- Spice Cake Donuts
- Mason Jar Chocolate Pumpkin Trifle
For a beautiful assortment of kitchen necessities and food gifts for the whole family, check out the current deals at these online stores.
- Miss A $1 Kitchen Tools
- Great Jones pots, pans and baking dishes
- The California Wine Club
- Wine of The Month Club
- JoyJolt Glassware
- Seven Sisters Scones
- Southside Market
Are you ready to have some delicious fun in the kitchen?