Pear Cranberry Sauce
Sweetened with Agave
You could just open a can of cranberry sauce, but homemade agave pear cranberry sauce is an easy and delicious way to go beyond the can!
Like many of us, I grew up with can shaped cranberry sauce at holiday meals.
As a small child I liked to volunteer to “make” the cranberry sauce by opening the can and pouring it out onto a plate.
Now that my tastes have matured, I prefer fresh cranberry sauce with some extras added in, including pears, ginger and cinnamon.
Cranberries are very tart, so they do need something to sweeten them up.
I prefer using sugar alternatives, when it makes sense and agave nectar works well with this recipe.
Agave is low glycemic, so is a good alternative sweetener for those who have health concerns.
However, it is has a smooth sweet taste, so can be enjoyed by anyone.
And, of course, I am happy to reduce refined sugar consumption where I can on a holiday known for its abundance.
Fresh ginger provides a nice contract to the pear and cranberry flavors and the cinnamon is a nice finishing touch.
I hope you enjoy the agave sweetened cranberry sauce and that your holiday celebrations are wonderful!
Agave Pear Cranberry Sauce Recipe
1) Add cranberries, pears, ginger, water and agave to a saucepan. Cook on medium high for a few minutes until it starts to boil and the cranberries burst open.
2) Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally and mashing the cranberries and pears with a wooden spoon.
3) Stir in Cinnamon and allow sauce to cool for 15 or more minutes.
4) Serve immediately or chill in the refrigerator prior to serving.
More from Mama Likes To Cook
Check out the rest of my vegetarian recipes, so you can get more great ideas for baking, cooking, blending and juicing.
- Easy Cranberry Butter
- Creamy Cranberry Orange Smoothie
- Cranberry Pear Smoothie
- Agave Pear Cranberry Sauce
- Cranberry Mocktail Punch
- Holiday Crockpot Tea
- Cranberry Chestnut Holiday Yams
- Easy Baked Brie
- Glazed Cranberry Scones
- Cranberry Pear Fried Rice
For a beautiful assortment of kitchen necessities and food gifts for the whole family, check out the deals at these online stores.
- Miss A $1 Kitchen Tools
- Great Jones pots, pans and baking dishes
- The California Wine Club
- Wine of The Month Club
- JoyJolt Glassware
- Seven Sisters Scones
- Southside Market
Are you ready to have some delicious fun in the kitchen?