Flavorful Dish Made with Leftover Rice
Kimchi fried rice is an easy and delicious way to use up leftover rice.
When I’m making rice, I intentionally make more than we need for the meal.
That way I’ve got leftovers to use the next day.
Kimchi fermented vegetables are often made with fish sauce and shrimp.
For those of us who are vegetarians and vegans, there are plenty of options.
If you’re shopping at a natural grocery store, there will probably be jars of kimchi that are clearly labeled as vegan kimchi.
When I shop at my favorite Korean grocery store, I just need to read the ingredient lists until I find a variety that looks good and doesn’t contain fish products.
I like the slightly sweet taste of coconut oil with this recipe, but another type of oil can be substituted.
If you are looking to add protein to this dish, you can top it with a fried egg or tofu.
Vegan Kimchi Fried Rice Recipe
White or Black Sesame Seeds
1) Heat oil in frying pan. Add rice and stir fry for a few minutes until it gets a little bit crispy.
2) Add kimchi and stir fry for a few more minutes.
3) Top with sesame seeds, if desired. Serve and enjoy!
I used Planet Rice Sprouted California Blonde Rice.
It’s just as easy to cook in my rice cooker as other types of rice, but has added nutrients since it’s sprouted.
The flavor and texture are great and it’s Non-GMO Project Verified and gluten-free.
More from Mama Likes To Cook
Check out the rest of my vegetarian recipes, so you can get more great ideas for baking, cooking, blending and juicing.
- Split Pea Soup with Rice
- Vegan Kimchi Fried Rice
- Instant Pot Rice Pudding
- Instant Pot Black Beans and Rice
- Fried Rice with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- Pineapple Basil Basmati Rice
- Dutch Oven Mexican Rice
- Instant Pot Vegan Mushroom Rice
- Pumpkin and Sweet Potatoes with Brown Rice
- Vegan Buddha Bowl
- Cranberry Pear Fried Rice
For a beautiful assortment of kitchen necessities and food gifts for the whole family, check out the deals at these online stores.
- Great Jones pots, pans and baking dishes
- The California Wine Club
- Wine of The Month Club
- JoyJolt Glassware
- Seven Sisters Scones
- Southside Market
Are you ready to have some delicious fun in the kitchen?