Fortino Winery Gilroy
There are over 20 wineries on the Santa Clara Wine Trail, and Fortino Winery is a good one to visit in Gilroy.
The wine tasting room is on Hecker Pass, and is near Gilroy Gardens and downtown Gilroy.
A welcoming and comfortable atmosphere is what you’ll find at Fortino, and it was perfect for a girls’ weekend activity.
The winery has seating indoors and outside, and there is also a lovely area that would be great for a wedding or other large event.
The Fortino family purchased the Santa Clara Valley vineyard in the 1970’s, and the fourth generation of the family is now involved in the family business.
They are still known for their award winning Cabernet, and they have expanded their acreage and wine varieties as well.
Fortino Winery Photo Gallery
Usually, when I taste with friends, we all end up having a different favorite.
But at Fortino, we all agreed that the fruit forward 2016 Malbec was our overall first choice.
It was a wine that we enjoyed on it’s own, and we could easily see serving it to guests with a meal.
Also notable were the the Almond Sparkling Wine and the Apricot Fruit Wine, and this is where our opinions diverged.
I preferred the sweet and fruity apricot and my friends liked the almond.
You’ll want to add Fortino to your itinerary, when you visit Gilroy and the Santa Clara Valley.
4525 Hecker Pass Hwy.
Gilroy, CA 95020
Open daily Tuesday through Sunday – Closed Monday
More from Mama Likes To Cook
Wineries in California
- Guglielmo Winery – Santa Clara Wine Trail
- Fortino Winery – Santa Clara Wine Trail
- Longoria Winery – Lompoc, CA
- Acquiesce Winery and Vineyards – Acampo, CA
- Bokisch Vineyards – Lodi, CA
- Bernardus Vineyards and Winery – Carmel Valley, CA
- Holman Ranch Vineyards – Carmel Valley, CA
- Jarman – Carmel Valley, CA
- Herzog Winery – Oxnard, CA
- Akash Winery – Temecula
- Wilson Creek – Temecula
- Cambria Winery and Vineyards – Santa Maria
- Foxen Vineyard and Winery – Santa Maria
- Nagy Wines – Orcutt, CA
- Grevino – Orcutt, CA
- Ojai Vineyard – Ojai, CA
- Keller Estate Winery – Petaluma, CA
- Adobe Road – Petaluma, CA
For a beautiful assortment of kitchen necessities and food gifts for the whole family, check out the deals at these online stores.
- Great Jones pots, pans and baking dishes
- The California Wine Club
- Wine of The Month Club
- JoyJolt Glassware
- Seven Sisters Scones
- Southside Market
Are you ready to have some delicious fun in the kitchen?