Apple Slices Dipped in Chocolate
Enjoy these chocolate dipped apple pops, when you want to turn apple slices into a dessert treat for the holidays.
The handheld treat is easy to make and just right as an individual serving.
Whole chocolate dipped apples look fantastic, but they aren’t the most convenient thing to eat.
Kids (or adults like me) can’t eat a whole one, when it’s been loaded up with chocolate and sprinkles.
And it get really messy, if you try.
If you cut it into individual portions, you lose the fun of eating food on a stick.
By slicing the apples ahead of time, you get a perfectly sized treat that can be enjoyed by a child or a grown up.
Choose red or green apples, any variety you prefer.
Firm is best, of course.
Feel free to get creative with other types of sprinkles, if you’d like.
Handheld food always feels fun, and these apple pops are definitely fun.
They are dessert, but the apples inside good for you.
Chocolate Dipped Apple Pops Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total time: 2 hours
1. Cut apples into thick slices and insert a popsicle stick into each slice.
2) Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3) Melt the milk chocolate chips in a glass mixing bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds and then stir. Repeat in 10 second increments until chocolate is creamy and completely melted.
4) Dip the apple slices into the melted chocolate, so that each slice is coated on both sides.
5) Place the dipped apple slices on the parchment lined baking sheet and sprinkle with the sprinkles.
6) Let the apple pops rest for an hour or more, so that the chocolate sets.
7) Serve immediately, wrap individually or store in an airtight container.
More from Mama Likes To Cook
Check out my other dessert recipes, so you can get more sweet inspiration.
Following are a few of my other treat recipes that are great for the holidays:
- White Chocolate Dipped Figs
- Earl Grey Tea Truffles
- Peppermint Fudge Truffles
- Chocolate Chickpea Clusters
- Coconut Banana Truffles
- Chocolate Banana Truffles
- Pumpkin Caramels
- Chocolate Dipped Waffle Cones with Fruit
- GF Chocolate Truffles
Then take a look at the rest of my vegetarian recipes, so you can have even more delicious fun in the kitchen!