Pop Rocks Drink For Kids
STEM Project Or Just For Fun
Have fun with these Pop Rocks drink for kids, when you make them as a STEM project, a mad scientist activity or a Halloween Party.
Making the drinks and watching the chemical reaction is fun, but the potion also tastes good.
The beverages can be made quickly, if you’d like.
Or you can turn this into more of a science experiment for a longer activity.
Kids can try adding more of less of both the Blue Raspberry Torani Syrup and the Green Pop Rocks to each Erlenmeyer flask or beaker.
Then they can add their observations to a log book, noting how the color, taste and bubbling chemical reaction change as they adjust the ingredient amounts.
See if the reaction is the same, when you use different types of chemistry glassware.
The Pop Rocks drinks are fun to serve at a Halloween party or birthday party, since they are so much fun.
You may want to fill the science vials with blue soda for each child and then let them add their own Pop Rocks.
That way they will enjoy being a mad scientist for a moment.
Mad Scientist Pop Rocks Potion Recipe
Carbonated Water or Club Soda
Torani Blue Raspberry Syrup (approx. 1 t per drink)
Green Pop Rocks (approx. 1 T per drink)
Chemistry Glassware (Flasks, Beakers and/or Cylinders)
1) Fill glassware to almost full.
2) Add Torani Syrup to each vial and stir gently with a swizzle stick. Feel free to experiment with different amounts of syrup and see how that impacts the color and flavor of the drink.
3 Place Pop Rocks into each drink and watch the chemical reaction. See what happens when you add more or less Pop Rocks.
4) Enjoy drinking the science experiment!
More from Mama Likes To Cook
Check out the rest of my vegetarian recipes, so you can get more great ideas for baking, cooking, blending and juicing.
Deals for Halloween
- Miss A $1 Halloween Accessories and Makeup
Halloween Drink Recipes
- Mad Scientist Pop Rocks Potion Drink
- Frog Egg Lemonade
- Magic Color Changing Lemonade
- Magic Color Changing Ice
- Spooky Bloody Dragon Eye Nectar
- Bloody Rum Punch Cocktail
Halloween Food Recipes
- Spooky Coffin Pop Tarts
- Monster Eyeball Yogurt
- Halloween Rice Krispie Pops
- Oozing Zombie Eyeballs
- Monster Snacks
- Little Shop of Horrors Feed Me Seymour Cupcakes
- Easy Spider Web Cupcakes
- Halloween Quesadillas
- Dino DNA Jurassic Amber
Hotel Transylvania Recipes
- Worm Pancakes
- Dracula’s Dentures Snack
- Green Slimed Popcorn
- Vampire Punch
- Candy Corn Rice Krispie Treats
- Mummy Pretzels
- Green Sludge Punch
- Frankenstein Marshmallow Pops
- Boo-Nana Banana Pops
- Scream Cheese
- Poison Apples
For a beautiful assortment of kitchen necessities and food gifts for the whole family, check out the deals at these online stores.
- Great Jones pots, pans and baking dishes
- The California Wine Club
- Wine of The Month Club
- JoyJolt Glassware
- Seven Sisters Scones
- Southside Market
Are you ready to have some delicious fun in the kitchen?