Fruit and cheese are two of my favorite things on their own and I especially like them combined.
Creamy cheese and sweet fruit go together well.
This is an easy appetizer that only takes 10-15 minutes to prepare.
Every time I serve baked brie, it gets lots of wows even though it’s very simple.
It’s great for parties, holidays and even for when people stop by unexpectedly.
Berry Citrus Compote with Baked Brie
1/2 Cup Strawberries, chopped
1/4 Cup Blueberries
1 Small Tangerine, peeled, chopped
1 T Sugar
1 T OJ
Preheat oven to 400°
Place brie on baking pan with silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
Bake for approx. 10 minutes. Check frequently. Remove from oven as soon as cheese is soft and melty, before it turns into a puddle.
While brie is in the oven, combine all ingredients in a sauce pan.
Set burner to high. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
Reduce to a simmer and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
Place baked brie on a serving platter. Top with compote and serve with crackers or a crusty bread.
More from Mama Likes To Cook
Check out my vegetarian recipes, so you can get more great ideas for baking, cooking, blending and juicing.
- Chocolate Drizzled Tangerines
- Greek Yogurt Tangerine Coleslaw
- Berry Citrus Compote
- Fruit Slaw Salad
- Korean Pear and Tangerine Salad
- Tangerine Blackberry Ice Pops
- Beet and Tangerine Smoothie
- Tangerine Blackberry Sorbet
- Bittersweet Chocolate Dipped Tangerines
- Jicama Tangerine Salad
- Cranberry Orange Smoothie
- Orange Creamsicles Popsicles
- California Orange Pomegranate Salad
- Orange Guacamole
- Dehydrated Orange Slices
- Glazed Cranberry Orange Scones
- Old Fashioned Candied Orange Peel
- Seville Orange Marmalade
For a beautiful assortment of kitchen necessities and food gifts for the whole family, check out the current deals at these online stores.
- Miss A $1 Kitchen Tools and gadgets
- AliExpress for amazing prices on kitchen goods and more
- The California Wine Club
- Wine of The Month Club
- JoyJolt Glassware
- Seven Sisters Scones
- Southside Market
Are you ready to have some delicious fun in the kitchen?