I love beets!
This wonderful root is not something that I grew up eating and I probably didn’t ever taste one until I was an adult.
Now I enjoy them regularly.
The beet flavor really comes through in this smoothie.
If you’re just looking for the nutrition of beets and don’t really want to taste them, this is not a good choice for you.
This smoothie is great for those of us who like the taste of beets, tangerines and the kick of ginger.
For this recipe, I used Melissa’s Organic Baby Beets.
They are already peeled, steamed and ready to eat.
I like my smoothies cold, so I put the whole package of beets and the tangerine sections into the freezer ahead of time.
Tangerine Beet Smoothies
8 oz. Melissa’s Baby Beets
3 Tangerines, peeled
1 T Fresh Ginger
4 Cups Cold Water
Add beets, tangerine sections, ginger and 2 cups of cold water to your high speed blender. (I use a Vitamix.)
Blend for approx. 1 minute. Add more water until your smoothie is the desired thickness.
More from Mama Likes To Cook
Check out the rest of my vegetarian recipes, so you can get more great ideas for baking, cooking, blending and juicing.
- Easiest Pickled Beets
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Beets
- Pistachio Golden Beet Salad
- Vegan Beet Smoothie
- Roasted Beet Citrus Salad
- Chocolate Drizzled Tangerines
- Greek Yogurt Tangerine Coleslaw
- Berry Citrus Compote
- Fruit Slaw Salad
- Korean Pear and Tangerine Salad
- Tangerine Blackberry Ice Pops
- Beet and Tangerine Smoothie
- Tangerine Blackberry Sorbet
- Bittersweet Chocolate Dipped Tangerines
- Jicama Tangerine Salad
- Cranberry Orange Smoothie
- Orange Creamsicles Popsicles
- California Orange Pomegranate Salad
- Orange Guacamole
- Dehydrated Orange Slices
- Glazed Cranberry Orange Scones
- Old Fashioned Candied Orange Peel
- Seville Orange Marmalade
For a beautiful assortment of kitchen necessities and food gifts for the whole family, check out the current deals at these online stores.
- Miss A $1 Kitchen Tools and gadgets
- AliExpress for amazing prices on kitchen goods and more
- The California Wine Club
- Wine of The Month Club
- JoyJolt Glassware
- Seven Sisters Scones
- Southside Market
Are you ready to have some delicious fun in the kitchen?