This Kumquat Jam is the Star of Breakfast and Beyond!
When you crave a bright, citrusy spread without the fuss, this kumquat jam recipe delivers!
Tart and tangy kumquats transform into a vibrant jam in just 30 about minutes!
This easy recipe uses no added pectin and requires minimal prep, perfect for beginners or busy kitchens.
Spread it on toast, dollop on yogurt, or gift a jar for homemade goodness!
Skip the usual store-bought stuff and unleash the magic of fresh kumquats with this easy jam recipe!
Transform the bite-sized citrus into a vibrant spread bursting with sunshine.
Kumquat Jam Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yield 4 1/2 pint jars
1) Prepare the kumquats. Rinse with water and pat dry. Chop into small bits removing any seeds.
2) Add kumquats, lemon juice and sugar to a stainless steel pot. Stir and bring to a boil.
3) Reduce to a medium boil and cook for about another 20 to 25 minutes, stirring often. Keep your eye on it, so it doesn’t boil over.
4) Test thickness using the spoon test method (explained below) or another method of your choosing. When jam has thickened, remove from heat and ladle into a mason jar.
5) Let cool and store in the refrigerator.
Spoon Test for Jam Thickness:
As your jam cooks and thickens, grab a clean spoon and chill it in the refrigerator for about 5 minutes.
This ensures the jam reacts as if it were being stored, giving you a more accurate test.
Dip the chilled spoon into the hot jam and hold it up for a few seconds, letting the excess drip off.
Observe how the jam drips:
- Steady stream: Your jam isn’t quite there yet. Keep cooking and testing every few minutes.
- Individual drops: You’re getting closer! The jam is starting to thicken.
- Clump of drops: Jackpot! The jam is perfectly set and ready to be removed from heat and jarred.
More from Mama Likes To Cook
Check out my vegetarian recipes, so you can get more great ideas for baking, cooking, blending and juicing.
- Fig Jam
- Kumquat Jam
- Easy 2 Ingredient Grape Jam
- Blackberry Apple Jam
- Strawberry Mango Jam
- Peach Hatch Chile Jam
- Prickly Pear Jam
- Lilly Pilly Jam
- Cranberry Orange Smoothie
- Orange Creamsicles Popsicles
- California Orange Pomegranate Salad
- Orange Guacamole
- Dehydrated Orange Slices
- Glazed Cranberry Orange Scones
- Old Fashioned Candied Orange Peel
- Seville Orange Marmalade
For a beautiful assortment of kitchen necessities and food gifts for the whole family, check out the current deals at these online stores.
- Miss A $1 Kitchen Tools and gadgets
- AliExpress for amazing prices on kitchen goods and more
- The California Wine Club
- JoyJolt Glassware
- Seven Sisters Scones
- Southside Market
Are you ready to have some delicious fun in the kitchen?