Mocha Latte Coffee Drink Made with Chocolate Chips
Coffee house beverages are a nice treat, but you can easily make a chocolate chip mocha latte coffee drink at home.
It doesn’t take much effort at all and the ingredients are simple.
All you need are coffee, milk and chocolate chips to craft your own rich chocolate coffee beverage at home.
Whipped cream and freshly grated nutmeg are delicious on top, but the garnish is optional.
It’s nice to enjoy a cup of coffee at home, but a chocolate chip mocha latte levels up the experience.
Choose a nice strong coffee, when you are making a mocha latte.
You want the coffee flavor to come through even after adding the milk.
To make strong coffee, increase the amount of coffee grounds that you are using without increasing the water.
This will make the flavor more intense, so it won’t be overpowered by the milk and chocolate.
The drink is best when you can taste all of the flavors together.
If you want your coffee with extra caffeine, I recommend Death Wish highly caffeinated coffee.
Milk chocolate chips are my first choice for a mocha latte, since they have a smooth and creamy taste.
This time I used Hershey’s Gluten Free Milk Chocolate Chips, but another brand could be good, too.
What Kind of Milk for A Mocha Latte?
You can use the milk of your choice, when you make this latte.
I used a regular fat free milk for mine, since that’s what I had in the house.
The chocolate chips add a richness and creaminess, so it isn’t necessary to use half and half for this beverage.
You can, if you’d like.
However, fat free milk will still give you a rich tasting mocha.
Whip your own heavy cream or squirt your whipped cream out of a can.
Either way, this is a good choice as a topping for a mocha latte.
A sprinkle of freshly ground nutmeg doesn’t take much effort, but adds a nice touch of flavor and is pretty on top of your warm coffee drink.
Nutmeg is one of those spices that loses it’s flavor quickly after it is ground, so I prefer buying whole nutmeg for fresh flavor.
I use a grinding plate to quickly and easily grind just what I need.
This little plate has spiky ridges on the bottom, so I rub the whole nutmeg back and forth on it to grate the spice.
Then I use the brush to ‘dust’ it on top of my coffee drink.
Clean up is a breeze and it doesn’t take long at all to get the wonderful flavor and aroma of freshly ground nutmeg.
They say the grater can also be used for garlic, but I have only used mine for nutmeg and cinnamon sticks.
Chocolate Chip Mocha Latte Recipe
Prep. Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 2 Servings
2) Measure the milk into a saucepan.
3) Set stove to medium low to bring the milk to a simmer. Don’t rush it and increase the heat, which can cause scorching.
4) Remove from heat and add chocolate chips. Whisk until the chocolate is melted and fully incorporated into the milk.
5) Pour coffee into mugs and then add the chocolate chip milk.
6) Top with whipped cream and freshly ground nutmeg.
More from Mama Likes To Cook
Check out my vegetarian recipes, so you can get more great ideas for baking, cooking, blending and juicing.
Coffee Drink Recipes
- Eggnog Iced Coffee
- Chocolate Chip Mocha Latte
- Warm Mocha Smoothie with Protein & Oats
- Vegan Chocolate Hazelnut Coffee
- Make Ahead Mocha Smoothie Pack
- Vegan Chestnut Praline Latte
- Easy Vegan Chocolate Hazelnut Coffee
- Chocolate Truffle Coffee
- Spiked Coffee Cocktail
- Pumpkin Spice Irish Coffee Cocktail
Coffee Food Recipes
- Vietnamese Coffee Popsicles
- Cold Brew Chocolate Mint Popsicles
- Coffee Pumpkin Bread
- Cold Brew Mocha Popsicles
Chocolate Chip Recipes
- Devil’s Food Pumpkin Bread
- Chocolate Butter
- Walnut Chocolate Chip Bars
- Keto Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Dark Chocolate Bread Pudding
Hot Chocolate Recipes
- Flavored Chocolate Chip Hot Cocoa
- Raspberry Hot Chocolate
- Vegan Hot Cocoa
- Polar Bear Marshmallows for Hot Chocolate
For a beautiful assortment of kitchen necessities and food gifts for the whole family, check out the current deals at these online stores.
- Miss A $1 Kitchen Tools and gadgets
- AliExpress for amazing prices on kitchen goods and more
- The California Wine Club
- Wine of The Month Club
- JoyJolt Glassware
- Seven Sisters Scones
- Southside Market
Are you ready to have some delicious fun in the kitchen?