Hearty Sweet Potato Corn Chowder
A thick and hearty sweet potato corn chowder is an easy, feel good meal.
The soup is tasty right after you make it, but it also works well as leftovers to eat at home or to pack up to take to work or school.
This Sweet Potato Corn Chowder is vegetarian as is.
There are no clams and no chicken or meat stock.
Feel free to make it vegan by using butter and milk alternatives, if you want it to be entirely plant based.
It has plenty of flavor from the nutritious ingredients, so animal products aren’t necessary.
The chowder has a naturally sweet flavor from both the sweet potatoes and corn, so it is delicious!
Sweet Potato Corn Chowder Recipe
1 medium Onion, chopped
2 cups Sweet Potato, diced
2 t garlic
3 T Butter
2 15 oz. cans Cream Style Corn
2 cups milk (or more, if you prefer a thinner chowder)
Salt to taste
Saute the onion, sweet potato and garlic in butter in a soup pan. Start on high and then reduce heat as needed, stirring occasionally until onions are translucent and sweet potato is tender.
Add other ingredients to pan. Simmer for 10 minutes.
More from Mama Likes To Cook
Check out the rest of my vegetarian recipes, so you can get more great ideas for baking, cooking, blending and juicing.
- Air Fryer Corn on The Cob
- Easy Cheesy Warm Corn Dip
- Vegan Sweet Corn Chowder
- Vegan Grilled Corn Salad
Sweet Potato Recipes
- Avocado Sweet Potato Toast with Fried Egg
- Vegan Black Bean Stew
- Savory Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Sweet Potato Spinach Side Dish
- Scalloped Sweet Potatoes
- Ghee Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Vegetarian Sweet Potato Corn Chowder
- Pumpkin and Sweet Potatoes with Brown Rice
- Spinach and Sweet Potato Frittata
- Easy Sweet Potato Salad
- Sweet Potato and Eggs Skillet Meal
- Vegan Sweet Potato Black Bean Burrito
- Slow Cooker Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Vegetable Side Dish Recipes
- Laughing Cow Broccoli
- Vegetarian Creamed Spinach
- Vegan Stuffed Butternut Squash
- Roasted Green Beans with Parmesan
For a beautiful assortment of kitchen necessities and food gifts for the whole family, check out the deals at these online stores.
- Miss A $1 Kitchen Tools
- Great Jones pots, pans and baking dishes
- The California Wine Club
- Wine of The Month Club
- JoyJolt Glassware
- Seven Sisters Scones
- Southside Market
Are you ready to have some delicious fun in the kitchen?