Salads are great as a meal or as a side dish. It’s easy to customize them based on what is in season, what you happen to have on hand and what you are in the mood to eat. A good salad dressing can be pricey when you buy it ready made, but homemade dressings are easy on the budget, delicious and can be ready in just a few minutes.
This recipe calls for yellow miso paste. If you prefer a stronger flavor, another variety would be fine.
I use a Vitamix blender to make salad dressing. I believe a food processor would also work, but haven’t tried it since I don’t own one.
Miso Salad Dressing
1/2 c Yellow or White Miso Paste
1/2 c Cider Vinegar
1/2 c Olive Oil
1/2 c Water
3 Green Onions
2 t Fresh Ginger
Combine all ingredients in a blender.
Blend briefly until liquified.
Serve immediately or refrigerate to use later.
More from Mama Likes To Cook
Check out my salad recipes, so you can get more delicious inspiration.
Following are some of my favorite salad recipes:
- Strawberry Feta Spinach Salad
- Arugula Apple Salad with Blue Cheese
- Orange Pomegranate Salad
- Mandarin Salad with Sriracha Peanut Dressing
- Apricot Almond Salad
- Sugar Snap Pea Salad
- Fig and Fennel Salad with Lemon Dressing
- Vegan Mexican Avocado Salad
- Zucchini Mushroom Salad
- Blue Cheese and Roasted Pear Salad
- Roasted Beet Citrus Salad
- Pistachio Golden Beet Salad
- Grilled Corn Salad
- Authentic Caesar Salad
- Blueberry Blue Cheese Salad
- Berry Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette
- Fennel Salad with Feta
- Edamame Peanut Salad
- Strawberry Fennel Salad
- Mediterranean Orzo Salad
Then take a look at the rest of my vegetarian recipes, so you can have even more delicious fun in the kitchen!