Waldorf Salad with Korean Pear
Waldorf salad was always a special treat for me as a child.
My mom made it as something special for when company was coming over.
I don’t think I learned to appreciate a green salad until I was in my teens, but the idea of mixing fruit and nuts together and calling it a salad was just perfect for my young palate.
Here is a twist on a traditional Waldorf salad that uses crisp and juicy Korean pears instead of apples.
It’s easy to make and you can easily double or triple the recipe, if you’ll be feeding a crowd.
Korean Pear Waldorf Salad Recipe
1 Korean Pear (Asian Pear), chopped
1 Stalk Celery, chopped
12 Red Grapes, halved
2 T Mayonaise
1/4 cup Walnuts, chopped
Combine all ingredients.
Chill and serve over a bed of lettuce.
More from Mama Likes To Cook
Check out the rest of my vegetarian recipes, so you can get more great ideas for baking, cooking, blending and juicing.
- Red Grape and Chia Smoothie
- Easy Grape Jam
- Apple Persimmon Waldorf Salad
- Grapes and Gorgonzola Salad
- Easiest Grape Sorbet Ever
- Grape and Feta Salad
- Lentil Salad with Grapes and Feta
- Apple Coconut Waldorf Salad
- Korean Pear Waldorf Salad
- Strawberry Feta Spinach Salad
- Arugula Apple Salad with Blue Cheese
- Orange Pomegranate Salad
- Mandarin Salad with Sriracha Peanut Dressing
- Apricot Almond Salad
- Sugar Snap Pea Salad
- Fig and Fennel Salad with Lemon Dressing
- Vegan Mexican Avocado Salad
- Zucchini Mushroom Salad
- Blue Cheese and Roasted Pear Salad
- Roasted Beet Citrus Salad
- Pistachio Golden Beet Salad
- Grilled Corn Salad
- Authentic Caesar Salad
- Blueberry Blue Cheese Salad
- Berry Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette
- Fennel Salad with Feta
- Edamame Peanut Salad
- Strawberry Fennel Salad
- Mediterranean Orzo Salad
For a beautiful assortment of kitchen necessities and food gifts for the whole family, check out the deals at these online stores.
- Miss A $1 Kitchen Tools
- Great Jones pots, pans and baking dishes
- The California Wine Club
- Wine of The Month Club
- JoyJolt Glassware
- Seven Sisters Scones
- Southside Market
Are you ready to have some delicious fun in the kitchen?