Waldorf salad was always a special treat for me as a child. My mom made it as something special for when company was coming over. I don’t think I learned to appreciate a green salad until I was in my teens, but the idea of mixing fruit and nuts together and calling it a salad was just perfect for my young palate.
Here is a twist on a traditional Waldorf salad that uses crisp and juicy Korean pears instead of apples. It’s easy to make and you can easily double or triple the recipe, if you’ll be feeding a crowd.
Korean Pear Waldorf Salad
1 Korean Pear (Asian Pear), chopped
1 Stalk Celery, chopped
12 Red Grapes, halved
2 T Mayonaise
1/4 cup Walnuts, chopped
Combine all ingredients.
Chill and serve over a bed of lettuce.
More from Mama Likes To Cook
Check out my salad recipes, so you can get more delicious inspiration.
Following are some of my favorite salad recipes:
- Strawberry Feta Spinach Salad
- Arugula Apple Salad with Blue Cheese
- Orange Pomegranate Salad
- Mandarin Salad with Sriracha Peanut Dressing
- Apricot Almond Salad
- Sugar Snap Pea Salad
- Fig and Fennel Salad with Lemon Dressing
- Vegan Mexican Avocado Salad
- Zucchini Mushroom Salad
- Blue Cheese and Roasted Pear Salad
- Roasted Beet Citrus Salad
- Pistachio Golden Beet Salad
- Grilled Corn Salad
- Authentic Caesar Salad
- Blueberry Blue Cheese Salad
- Berry Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette
- Fennel Salad with Feta
- Edamame Peanut Salad
- Strawberry Fennel Salad
- Mediterranean Orzo Salad
Then take a look at the rest of my vegetarian recipes, so you can have even more delicious fun in the kitchen!