Dark Cherry Fizz
When you are thirsting for a fruit cocktail made with gin, this dark cherry gin fizz will hit the spot.
The well balanced chilled gin drink is tart, sweet and crisp, so it is perfectly refreshing.
Serve the fizzy gin drink at a party or have your own private happy hour at home.
I prefer using fresh fruit, whenever possible. However, frozen cherries are just fine to use in this drink, if fresh are not available.
If you would like to make this a dark cherry mocktail, this will still be a tasty beverage.
Just leave out the gin for kids or anyone who want to enjoy it without.
If you are planning to serve this at a party, you can make the cherry syrup ahead of time.
Then it will be ready for you to mix the drinks just before serving.
I like cherry drinks anytime, but this one looks especially festive for the holidays or as a special Valentine’s Day drink.
Dark Cherry Gin Fizz Recipe
1) Add the pitted cherries, water and agave to a small saucepan. Heat on medium for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
2) Pour the cherry mixture into a blender and blend until smooth.
3) Let it cool down in the blender for 10 to 15 minutes.
4) Transfer the cherry liquid to a pitcher, add mint leaves and lime juice and then stir to combine.
5) Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
6) To serve, fill glasses with ice. Add 1/4 cup cherry mixture, 1/2 cup club soda and 1 oz. gin to each glass and stir gently. (Skip the gin, if you are making a mocktail.)
7) Garnish with a sprig of mint.
Check out my other beverage recipes, so you can get more drink inspiration.Following are a few of my favorite Fall and Winter drinks:
- Bourbon Pecan Praline Cocktail
- Spiked Coffee
- Chocolate Caramel Apple Cocktail
- Slow Cooker Mulled Wine
- Bourbon Blueberry Tonic
Then take a look at my other vegetarian recipes, so you can have even more delicious fun in the kitchen!