Individual 7 Layer Dip Cups
Try my simple Mexican dip snack cups recipe, so that your family can enjoy their own individual 7 layer dip with tortilla chips.
I love a delicious layered dip, but a full sized one tends look unappetizing after others have dug into it.
When you serve the dip in individual snack cups, it is convenient to eat every bit of the seven layers.
The hand held appetizer will be enjoyed by adults and kids for a special occasion or a regular family movie night or backyard picnic at home.
If you have a picky eater in your family who doesn’t like olives or wants extra cheese, you can easily customize their cup.
This is one of those recipes that is really easy to put together, but looks like something special!
Mexican Dip Snack Cups Recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Yields 12 appetizer cups
1) First, make the guacamole. Remove avocado pits and scoop into a mixing bowl. Add lime juice, minced garlic and salt and pepper. Mash with a fork and set aside.
2) Next make the seasoned sour cream mixture in a second bowl. Add sour cream, granulated garlic, chili powder, ground cumin, salt and pepper to the bowl. Stir to combine and set aside.
3) Prepare the other ingredients. Chop the tomatoes, black olives and onions. Grate the cheese, if you are using a block of cheese instead of pre-packaged grated cheese.
4) Set out the snack cups, so that you can begin to assemble them.
5) Start by adding about 2 tablespoons of refried beans to the bottom of each cup. Follow with a similar amount of guacamole and seasoned sour cream.
6) Follow with the remaining layers in this order: chopped tomatoes, grated cheese, chopped olives and chopped green onions.
7) Serve with tortilla chips.
More from Mama Likes To Cook
Check out my other appetizer recipes, so you can get more snack inspiration.
Following are a few of my delicious guacamole recipes:
Then take a look at the rest of my vegetarian recipes, so you can have even more delicious fun in the kitchen!