When I was a kid, we thought of Kale as a garnish that wasn’t meant to be eaten. Now we know that it can be delicious and it’s packed full of Vitamin A, Vitamin C and other nutrients.
The Cranberry Kale Salad is easy to make ahead of time. It actually gets more flavorful as it sits. The salad would be lovely for a potluck or holiday meal.
Cranberry Kale Salad
8 cups Kale
1/2 cup Dried Sweetened Cranberries
1/2 cup Slivered Almonds
1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
2 T Olive Oil
1/4 t Salt
1/4 t Pepper
Remove the kale leaves from the stem. No knife is needed. The leaves just pull right off.
Chop the kale.
Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl.
Refrigerate for at least a 1/2 hour (or even overnight) prior to serving.
More from Mama Likes To Cook
Check out my salad recipes, so you can get more delicious inspiration.
Following are some of my favorite salad recipes:
- Strawberry Feta Spinach Salad
- Arugula Apple Salad with Blue Cheese
- Orange Pomegranate Salad
- Mandarin Salad with Sriracha Peanut Dressing
- Apricot Almond Salad
- Sugar Snap Pea Salad
- Fig and Fennel Salad with Lemon Dressing
- Vegan Mexican Avocado Salad
- Zucchini Mushroom Salad
- Blue Cheese and Roasted Pear Salad
- Roasted Beet Citrus Salad
- Pistachio Golden Beet Salad
- Grilled Corn Salad
- Authentic Caesar Salad
- Blueberry Blue Cheese Salad
- Berry Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette
- Fennel Salad with Feta
- Edamame Peanut Salad
- Strawberry Fennel Salad
- Mediterranean Orzo Salad
Then take a look at the rest of my vegetarian recipes, so you can have even more delicious fun in the kitchen!